Tuesday 17 April 2012

Illustation Friday: "shades"

My inspiration for this week was a illustration by Fred Irvin. I really like how its only a couple colours and thats what I'm going to do with my marker illustration. Its quite simple but also bring the veiwer in.

I wanted to do the same type of effect as Fred Irvin's illustration. This weeks word was shades and the first thing I think of when I hear the word shades is those shutter shades that the celeberties where. I think they look pretty neat and wanted to do a cool marker illustation for that. 

I made a sketch of a person with those "shutter shades" on But I wanted to make it kind of abstact looking so I didn't make a face on it.




I made the shades a rich red and made the face part black to make the shades stand out because thats what the word is this week. I made the outside part of the sweater a dark purple to make the shades to stand out. I thought that a bright green would of worked well in the place of the purple but then I thought about it and it kind of would of took the spotlight off of the shades.

heres my book cover design for "shades"


No comments:

Post a Comment