Monday 16 January 2012

(1st blog ever, PUMPED!) I am making a painting for Iternational Womens Day. I had to choose a women that inspires me, but I want to do something different; something no one else would do. One thing that has always inspired me the most in my life is our Mother Earth. I believe that every women is very much apart of mother earth. The artwork that inspired me is a Cosmopolitan Magazine Illitrated by Al Parker. I really love that way he positioned her and the cloak.  The complimentury colour scheme is really good and the star shapes on the dress are very dramatic.

                                       


I wanted to have a women of some kind to be in a position similar to Al Parkers Magazine, I wanted her to blend in with the scenery/nature. I wanted her dress to turn into the water or her hair to the clouds. Here are my thumbnails.









For my colour comp, I wanted to do a complimentary colour scheme so it could pop out at you! This is what I got but I have changed the position of everything a bit for the final. Stay tuned for more! :D


1 comment:

  1. Excellent conceptualization and early stage development! Looking forward to seeing you colour comps! :^)

    ReplyDelete