Tuesday 17 January 2012

My 1st Week- Illistration Friday- "Grounded"

I am following this site called Illistration Friday and it's a pretty cool from what I can see so far. Artist from everywhere follow this site each week, and each week there is a word assigned to get inspiration from. This is my first week and this weeks word was "grounded", my inspiration for this project was a peice by René Bouché. I really like how she incorperates colour with white and black imaging. It is a beautiful but very simple artwork, it's also very well balanced. I want to put drawing and colour in my artwork like she does in this peice.

At first I really didn't know what to draw for the word "grounded", then I thought about it, when someone is grounded,  you are basically stuck, not moving, and going nowhere. I know so many people, including my own family, that let their problems and sorrows from their past keep them "grounded". Alot of people around the world let their problems define them. My three thumbnails are of images of a person who is stuck in a state of mind of being "grounded".



I wanted to have a guy sticking out of the ground trying to escape and that part of the my artwork I wanted to be graphite pencil. I want the colour portion of it to be the "problems" or "sorrows" that are all around him, keeping him stuck. These are the steps I took.




I have decided to make a book cover for my graphic:


1 comment:

  1. Marissa; This looks very cool. Nice work -- I'm looking forward to seeing more of your Illustration Friday artworks :^)

    ReplyDelete